Urethane Used for Woodworking Applications
The Woodworking industry and machines have long had wheels, rollers and custom parts made from Urethane. Acrotech Inc. has noticed that over time the OEM materials either did not last or are of poor quality. We have developed a line of woodworking specific products that are direct replacement for existing machinery. With the use of K•Prene® at the core of these demanding applications you are able to get more life out of your machinery and processes. Increase your productivity with Acrotech and K•Prene® woodworking products.
Available Woodworking Urethane Products
- Urethane Drive Wheels
- Custom Rollers, New and Recovered
- Powerfeed Replacement Tires / Wheels
- Press Fit Power Feed Tires and Reusable Hubs
- OEM Replacement Parts / Recovering of Old Parts
Of course we can handle more than we have listed above. We welcome those that are having trouble with their machinery or application. If you are an OEM and would like to discuss the benefits of K•Prene® and its advantages for use in your woodworking products please Contact Us
Have an obsolete part? A custom part? A part that needs recovering? That’s our specialty Learn More
Urethane Drive Wheels
- Stocked in 80A Durometer – other durometer’s are available upon request.
- Designed with 3 or 6 bolt mounting holes to fit various re-usable hubs on woodworking Moulders, Planers and Re-Saws like: Weining, Mattison, Baker, SCMI, Bridgewood, Extrema, Wadkin, Diehl and more.
- Tires/Wheels can be used in other applications to drive various other materials beyond wood without marking or damaging.
- Non-marking: Won’t mark pre-surfaced or pre-finished stock as does steel or rubber wheels.
- Eliminates slippage: Excellent traction out performing steel wheels and they provide feed control for higher output.
- Gone are Raised Grain Problems: The high-friction of the tire/wheel provides more traction with less pressure, eliminating the major cause of raised grain. This will increase the overall quality of the product
- Economical to use: Tires/Wheel are easy and quick to change.
When ordering, be sure to specify the durometer desired.
Pricing Current as of 2020
|3 Hole Bolt Pattern|
|6 Hole Bolt Pattern|
Re-Covering Bonded Drive Wheels
Powerfeed Replacement Tires
Our tires feed better and cost less than the rubber-coated hubs which are standard on many feeders.
- Replacement Tire Only: Tire fits re-usable 2 piece hub
- Power Feeder Models: Fits most import and standard domestic feeders and Cantek and Co-matic models AF38, AF48. Other models include: Silver, Northech, Powermatic and others
- Tires are Stocked in 60A Durometer: other durometer’s are available upon request.
- Durometer 70A recommended for rough stock and 60A recommended for smooth surfaces.
|SHT0066||Tire||120mm (4.75″)||60mm (2.75″)||$18.75|
Fits models like: Powermatic, Maggi, Steff, Univer, Rockwell, Oliver, Forest City… and many more. Also made to fit PFH-0070 standard hub. (fig. 1)
Tires are Stocked in 60A Durometer: other durometer’s are available upon request.
Durometer: 70A recommended for rough stock and 60A recommended for smooth surfaces.
Assembled: Tire will expand after pressing on hub. OD size listed is before pressing on hub.
Narrow Stock: PFT0063 is recommended for stock 1″ wide or less..
|*This ribbed design works best for slick surfaces. Tire OD’s increase when installed.|
|PFH007||Hub–fits all tires except PFT-0060||$11.20|
|PFTTOOL||Tire mounting tools (see fig 2)||22.70|
OEM Replacement Parts
Acrotech has redesigned several parts in response to requests for parts that “work better, cost less, and are more readily available!” Let us know if you have suggestions.
Some of the brands and models are listed below:
- Barr Mullin Wonder Saw Rollers
- Brute – Press Fit
- Brandt Edge Bander/Arminus Profile
- Sander – Holddown Rollers
- Gre Con Optimizer Holddown Rollers
- Jenkins Tenoner Hold Down Pad
- Progress Tennon Machine Pads
- Shaper Feed Tires – Press Fit
|Challoner Tenoner Holddown Pad|